Oh my goodness, February has come and gone already?! I've been busy like crazy with work and friends in town (shout out to my bestie Grace! She's the greatest and will talk to me about beauty products until I'm blue in the face-- a testament of her love for me), but I wanted to jump on and share my latest beauty favorites from the month of February. I am literally catching up on beauty vlogs/YouTube videos as I type this. My current priorities for the rest of my day: drink wine, watch YouTube makeup tutorials, online shop, and catch up on my favorite blogs. (#SheerBliss) In no particular order, the following have been my go-to beauty products over the past month. Let me know in the comments below what beauty products you can't stop using!
- Milani Baked Powder Blush in Berry Amore: beauties, I had to list this first because it is my absolute favorite product of the moment. It gives the most gorgeous pink flush to my cheeks without too much pigmentation. Random fact: all of Milani's baked blushes are made in Italy, which just makes a girl feel fancy! It glides on like a dream and is soooo affordable ($7!), available at almost every drugstore.
- Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector: I am loving this primer to smooth out my skin's texture, minimize my pores and keep my foundation on all day. The packaging claims to target oil-prone ares (which, unfortunately is my whole face) and act as liquid blotting paper. Big claim, I know, and while it doesn't solve my oil problems completely, I notice a significant decrease to shininess when I prime my face with this! It's a slightly higher price point, but definitely worth it since it keeps my skin looking gorgeous all day long.
- Benefit Dandelion Shy Beam Highlighter: gurrrrlll if you want a natural highlight that will brighten up your face when you're feeling exhausted (say from having a toddler or living through the struggles of a time change), but don't want something to highlight texture or add chunky glitter to your face, this is the perfect product. It is so brightening and gorgeous without looking drag (the struggles of being a makeup addict are real. My greatest fear: looking like a drag queen). Pro Tip: you can pop it on before or after blush.
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer: I am loving this for warming up my skin during the winter months when I'm at my palest. And bonus, it smells so delicious: like a tropical cocktail!
I have been so excited to share with you my recent BeautyCounter experience! I was recently gifted some of their skincare by my coworker Danielle who is a consultant, and Wow! What a treat. I received the following items: the Nourishing Cream Cleanser (love, been using it every day), the Nourishing Cream Exfoliator (exfoliates without drying out my skin), the Nourishing Night Cream (huzzah! a night cream that doesn't make my face smell like a grandma's medicine cabinet! miraculous), and the Balancing Face Oil (be warned, only 2 drops are necessary! It is possible to go a bit overboard). My favorites have to be:
- The Nourishing Cream Cleanser: smells like the most delicious citrus puree that I want to bathe in! My favorite part about this cleanser -- and all their products -- is that there are no harsh chemicals or questionable ingredients. The BeautyCounter brand is committed to a health and safety standard above and beyond what’s required by U.S. law: they've actually banned the use of more than 1,500 questionable or harmful chemicals.
- The Nourishing Night Cream: I have struggled to find a night creme without a hideous smell, and I have finally hit the jackpot! And from an ingredient-conscious brand-- that's just pure joy. No more complaints from Taylor when I kiss him goodnight.
Looking for Recommendations:
Now please, help a sister out! My beauty quest continues, and I am now on the hunt for the best pore-minimizing, long-wear foundation, and the greatest mattifying setting powder of all time! And not to be picky, but I prefer to buy items from brands that are ingredient conscious or approved by the Healthy Living app (<-- this app is amazing, and has helped me purchase makeup products from drugstore brands as well as steer clear of prestige brand items that aren't necessarily the best). So can you help me out on my quest? Be sure to comment below with your holy grail foundation, powder, and current favorites!
Note from Hope: The BeautyCounter items I discussed in this post were gifted to me. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.