It is officially summer in Texas, and I am trying my best not to melt away! Anyone else who's lived through a Southern summer will totally understand what I mean. While I'm beating the heat by staying close to the beautiful AC, I had to jump on here and share a few of my quick, current favorites. All super random, but they're my current go-to's and I wanted to share!
- Books: A Man Called Ove (currently reading), The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, & The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry. You guys, all of these books are A++! If you're like me and you love reading fiction, but hate having to cipher through superfluous sex scenes, these are the perfect summer reads. They are each so sweet and so moving, I highly recommend you check them all out (with tissues on hand). Next on my list? Major Pettigrew's Last Stand.
- Beauty: Things I am currently obsessed with in my makeup & skincare routine are as follows (in no particular order): This e.l.f. blush palette (less than $7 AND okay-ed by the Healthy Living app), this gorgeous Tarte sparkler palette (one of my amazing Mother's Day presents! xoxo), and any eye look with warm shades (I blame Urban Decay for releasing their warm-toned palette and flooding my YouTube newsfeed with gorgeous, orangey inspiration).
- Fashion: 1. Simple but comfortable jean shorts (here's some similar, the ones I bought at Target are already sold out, WAHH!) for my weekend days. 2. For days I'm stuck at the office dreaming of my next summer adventure, I've been reaching for all my favorite thrift store summer dresses (sorry, can't link to Goodwill inventory, but here are some other cute, comfy dresses). Both items are simple to throw on and great for staying trendy AND cool! #pun (or as cool as possible when the thermometer hits the high 90s)
- Apps: I have been OBSESSED with the Poshmark app lately! You can find amazing steals from fashion to beauty to skincare to shoes. I listed a bit of my stuff, and have at least 50 more things hanging in my closet I want to list. I highly recommend you download the app, even if it's not to buy anything from my closet. And if you already have the app, be sure to give me a follow! My handle is @hopestakes (and if you're an avid user, pretty please list any tips you have for success in the comments below). I also just downloaded Influenster and started plugging in my social channels. I'm intrigued by this whole, "write reviews, get free stuff" concept. If it's true, I will be SO down! Can't wait to play around with it more. I will keep you guys updated.
- Community: I'm currently so excited for the upcoming Taylor'd For You Fashion Show! It will be at a stylish location (Hotel Valencia downtown), feature stylish looks from a local fashionista who I adore (Taylor Mobley, previously featured in my #FearlessFemales series), and benefits Dress for Success! Tickets are only $10 and can be purchased here.
That's all for now loves, what have you been obsessed with lately?
Note from Hope: This blog contains some affiliate links. Feel free to click through and help me grow my blog, or do a google search for what I mentioned in an alternate tab. Either way, I promise to always keep my opinions honest. <3