Are these blog posts interesting to you? I don't know, but I love watching hauls on YouTube. I am always so nosy about what people are loving and stocking up on. So in the event that you're like me, I wanted to share with you the beauty items I have picked up since summer began, many of which are quickly becoming new favorites.
My Tarte Addiction: you guys, this addiction is growing. I just love that I can purchase their products and feel good that I'm not slathering junk on my face. Their Flash Sale last month (which was even better than their Friends & Family Sale which just ended this past Thursday), did not help matters any! So, I added all of these items to my beauty bag (The first one is totally my favorite!):
- Clay Play Face Shaping Palette -- this has now become my bronzer, under-eye setting powder, occasionally all-over setting powder, my brow powder, my contour powder, and most days contributes to my eye shadow look. I am not trying to sound like a hype man, I just really love all of these buttery powders that smell heavenly to boot. I use it every day I wear makeup.
- Limited-Edition Clay Pot Waterproof Shadow Liners, in the shades Crystal Ball and Lucky Penny -- These bad boys are gorgeous, and stay vibrant ALL DAY. I don't even wear them as liners, I rock them as cream shadows and oohlala! Muy bonita if I do say so myself!
- Tartest PRO Glow Highlight & Contour Palette -- I don't know if anyone will believe me, since I'm the sucker who purchased this, but I'm really not a huge contour fan. But I love a beautiful highlight, and this palette has 4! The shade Stunner is by far, my favorite. I have been wearing it almost every single day since I bought it off Poshmark. The "contour" shades are beautiful as well, but I put that in quotes, because honestly I tend to use them more as bronzers rather than true contours. All of the products in this palette get my seal of approval, because they stand up to my 9-10 hour work-day wear test!
- Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint, in the shade Get It! -- a beautiful, warm-toned apricot nude, it has been giving me all the feels this summer. I don't usually go for warm-toned nudes, because they're not always flattering if your teeth aren't pearly white, but I made an exception for this gorgeous shade.
- Limited-Edition Swamp Queen Eye & Cheek Palette -- I would give this palette a solid B-. It's not my absolute favorite, but it has some great staple shades and the highlighter is beautiful. To be quite honest, the blush and bronzer look a little too sparkly for my taste, so I haven't even tried them out yet. Hmm.... maybe today is the day!
Lest you think this is an ad sponsored by Tarte (I wish! If only they knew who I was), don't worry, there's much more:
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed Anti-Aging Finishing Powder -- When I'm not using my Tarte Clay Play palette to set my face, I'm been using this. And WOW! It's like a Snapchat blurring filter in real life. It minimizes my pores dramatically. I was between purchasing this and their loose (silk HD) micro-powder with the same name. If you've tried that and love it, be sure to let your girl know!
- Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Concealer, in the shade Light -- I have been in need of a less intense, heavy-duty concealer than the Tarte ShapeTape (which don't get me wrong, I love, but sometimes it's just too much on my lighter makeup days), and this formula does the trick. Bonus: it's got a drugstore price tag and it has a great rating on the Healthy Living app!
- BeautyCounter Nourishing Day Cream -- This product isn't the most exciting on my list, but it's certainly an essential. I don't allow myself to apply any makeup without moisturizing first. This is the first day cream I've tried from BeautyCounter, and so far no complaints!
- SheaMoisture African Black Soap Clarifying Cleansing Facial Wipes -- These are currently my favorite wipes to use at night as makeup remover when I'm exhausted and totally lazy. They get the job done and smell so yummy! Even Mr. Hope for Fashion loves the smell and he is SO picky about scents.
- SheaMoisture African Black Soap Problem Skin Toner -- This is my favorite toner and when I ran out I had to repurchase. Shea Moisture is another brand that I feel good about purchasing knowing that they focus on using ingredients from nature that have been used in their beauty products for generations (not just for the past few months after being developed in a scary lab in a mysterious location).
Welp, I hope you had as much fun reading this as I had going hog-wild online, in my local Ulta and at Walgreens! What are your summer beauty essentials? Be sure to comment below!