I'm just gonna say it: reading is hot.
There you have it. I'm a super nerd. Loud and proud! I'll say it again for the people in the back: I like to read. I always prefer fiction, because I love to escape into my imagination, but a great self-improvement or parenting book is also usually on my list. So here's some of my recent discoveries, maybe you'll check out one or two of these, maybe you'll check out all of them. Knock yourself out kid!
- Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, by Helen Simonson
- A Man Called Ove, by Fredrik Backman
- The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry, by Gabrielle Zevin
- Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen
- All the Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr
- Mother and Son: The Respect Effect, by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
On My 2018 List:
- The Knockoff, by Lucy Sykes and Jo Piazza
- The Summer Before the War, by Helen Simonson
- Talking as Fast as I Can, by Lauren Graham (based on the Amazon reviews, I am considering purchasing this as an audio book, which I have NEVER done. Why destroy the pleasure of READING in exchange for LISTENING..??)
- The Bell Jar, by Sylvia Plath (Can you believe I have never read this??)
I LERV getting new book recommendations, so please leave all your new (and old) favorites in the comments! If getting excited about going to the book store makes me lame, I don't wanna be cool.
Share the literary love: what books are on your reading list?